PRE & POST TREATMENT
This page contains information that you must read prior to scheduling your skin treatment.
You must also be aware of the skin treatment aftercare advise beneath this section.
PRE SKIN TREATMENT
Skin treatments are NOT SUITABLE for those;
- Under 18years of age.
- Taking/receiving steroids, chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- Living with a chronic illness/es.
- Taking intense medication (i.e roaccutane) within the past 9 months.
- With bacterial skin infections (including present coldsores).
- Avoid harsh ingredients 7 days prior to the skin treatment (AHA, BHA, Retinol/Vitamin A).
- Pregnant or breastfeeding (electrical methods & active ingredients are not suitable), however, a safe alternative combination will be chosen.
- Who have received botox or filler within 2 weeks of the appointment. Botox or filler may be carried out from a couple of days after the facial.
- Who have received laser treatment within 2 weeks of the appointment.
POST SKIN TREATMENT
Following your skin treatment YOU MUST;
- Wear SPF daily (minimum SPF30) and avoid direct sun light/use of sun beds for a week.
- Keep skin hydrated by using serums and moisturiser, especially for a week.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and to aid skin healing.
- Avoid wearing makeup for 24-48 hours.
- Clean makeup applicators (blenders & brushes) to remove bacteria.
- Use clean towels and Beauty Buffs (or flannel) for facial cleansing.
- Not use saunas, steam rooms or hot tubs. Avoid steamy showers & baths for 48hours.
- Avoid strenuous exercise that will cause you to sweat.
- Avoid harsh ingredients for 5 days (alcohol, AHA, BHA, Retinol/Vitamin A, Vitamin C).
- Sleep with a fresh pillow case.
For more information on facials by Jody Amner CLICK HERE
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org